Escalating drug costs are becoming the primary contributor to rising costs of health
care. USAble Life group health insurance division is responding by working with physicians and pharmacists to identify
generic equivalents to brand-name drugs and other steps physicians, pharmacists
and members may take to control costs.
Our pharmacy programs can eliminate paper claim forms and employ technology for electronic pharmacy claims processing.
Benefits to Members and Pharmacists
- A drug utilization review program evaluates a patient's medication history with
each prescribed medication to check for potentially dangerous drug interactions.
- Formulary structure and member copayments encourage the use of generic drugs where
- Agreements with participating pharmacies offer insured groups the lowest available
- Claims summary reports provide important analytical data.
When a member presents a prescription at a participating pharmacy, the Pharmacy
Program computer will instantly alert the pharmacy to the following:
- Any potential harmful interaction of the medication about to be dispensed with any
other medication that the patient may already be taking;
- Whether this medication may duplicate another medication the patient is taking;
- Whether the prescribed dosage or strength is appropriate for the age of the patient.
These features help save money and promote good health for our members.
Printable Drug Lists
For More Information
Call Pharmacy Department: 501-378-3392